[User] RESTBC - unexpected XML header when using text/plain

Dave Woodman dave at naffnet.org.uk
Tue Jul 10 13:01:48 BST 2018

I can't help wondering what I am missing!

The following happens with SE 3.05 binary and a build of the latest sources
- I have pared the example to down to the bare minimum

Scenario:
Define a REST GET service from a concrete WSDL that has both consume and
produce types set to text/plain. The BPEL is simply a receive, an assign and
a reply

In the BPEL assign step, assign a string literal (let us say 'fred') to
part1 of the REST response.

Create the composite application from the above.

Results:
My expectation would be, therefore, that invoking the service (with
Content-type and Accept of text/plain would provide the output of

fred

What I actually get is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>fred

Is there a trick to get the RESTBC to provide the output that I expect?