[User] RESTBC - unexpected XML header when using text/plain

jeanne ROMEFORT jeannerom at aol.com
Thu Jul 12 17:26:49 BST 2018

Hello Dave,
Further toyour email, we tested the REST BC and tried to evaluate from where your issuecomes from.
As you cansee below, we have the same issue than you because plain/text doesn’t have thenecessary structure.

OpenESBuses XML as the communication standard and needs structured messages to communicatebetween components. So even when you define a simple String in your Mapper, itis and XML structure and consequently your Media type must be a structure suchas JSON or XML and not a plain text.
In thiscase below, we send a request in text/plain with postman and send back aresponse in text/plain. If you do the test, you can notice that the string inthe Mapper is not a string but a xop reference. In that case, you could get youwant.  Nevertheless, you cannot use thefake string to concatenate it for Example since is it just a xop reference:

 We did notreproduce the Logicoy Case, but we think that we face the same issue.
So, weadvise you to use XML or JSON as media type. It is difficult to imagine whatmeans text/plain with a Structure. What elements should we display and witheach order?
We areworking on REST BC bugs on when the body is in JSON, If the tests are conclusive,This format will be supported in future versions of OpenESB, which may be asolution to your problem.
Bestregards,

Jeanne ROMEFORT,
OpenESB developer