[User] RESTBC - unexpected XML header when using text/plain

Dave Woodman dave at naffnet.org.uk
Thu Jul 12 18:04:27 BST 2018

Hi,

Thanks for looking at this.

In the use case I have, the REST service will be called by an already existing service which expects a string to be returned.

The string itself will be the result of other BPEL steps, so all is normal there, and structured text is good 😊

My issue is that it is necessary to return the string only – the caller cannot cope with XML or JSON and expects a single string only.

Is it possible to obtain just the string from the structured text and send it back and the end of the process, as with the post example? Or am I just out of luck?

                Dave.